Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rev. Jeremiah Wright


If Senator Barack Obama is not elected the next president of the United States of America, is Rev. Wright solely to blame? Despite the fact that Senator Obama has now denounced Rev. Wright on several occasions has the damage already been done?

In his latest comments (as of May 2008), Obama stated:

"I have spent my entire adult life trying to bridge the gap between different kinds of people. That’s in my DNA, trying to promote mutual understanding to insist that we all share common hopes and common dreams as Americans and as human beings. That’s who I am, that’s what I believe, and that’s what this campaign has been about," Obama said.

"I am outraged by the comments that were made and saddened by the spectacle that we saw yesterday," he said.

Obama further said of Wright.

"The person that I saw yesterday was not the person that I met 20 years ago," he said. "His comments were not only divisive and destructive, but I believe that they end up giving comfort to those who prey on hate, and I believe that they do not portray accurately the perspective of the black church."

"They certainly don’t portray accurately my values and beliefs," he said.

"If Reverend Wright thinks that’s political posturing, as he put it, then he doesn’t know me very well and based on his remarks yesterday, I may not know him as well as I thought either."

What is your opinion?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If rev here can say 9/11 is a result of americas doings against others then we can also say no more attacks ince BUSH invaded iraq is a result of BUSH going into Iraq to then same diff and alot more results and proof on Bushs side . i see no proof the govment made aids for blacks no proof blacks are the primary targets no proof we are like al queda no proof we will plant womds we didnt in iraq duh no proof hes a knows what it is to be a poor black man lol no proof to anything he says period